Tailored design to enable an array of embedded packages
Amkor was among the first in the world to offer Wafer Level Fan-Out (WLFO) Packaging, enabling a wide range of embedded heterogeneous system integration package solutions, such as Wafer-Level System-in-Package (WLSiP) and 3D Package-on-Package stacking solutions on wafer-level (WL3D).
Tailoring the best solution requires a thorough understanding of a customer’s needs. That’s why Amkor’s package solutions are developed collaboratively, which often involves partnering from the earliest stages of the chip-package-board design. Amkor is recognized for its proficiency in advanced packaging and its portfolio of innovative solutions manufactured in volume. These include the largest reliable WLCSP and the largest WLSiP multi-chip module in the medical market.
- WLSiP side-by-side multi-chip modules (MCM)
- WLSiP with passives and leadless package integration
- Portfolio of WLSiP configurations range from 2 x 3 mm2 (2 components) to 33 x 28 mm2 (10 components)
- WL3D Package-on-Package (PoP) achieved by stacking WLSiP and other package types using Through Package Vias (TPV)
- 3D integration realized by F2F assembly of Flip Chip to WLFO package
- Mobile and consumer products, baseband, RF/wireless, analog, power management
- ASIC, MEMS, sensors, system solutions for medical, security, encryption, DC/DC converter, radar and automotive
- Electro-Optical WLSiP, solutions for M2M communication and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Extension of the technology platform to a wider field of application areas is ongoing
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.