Amkor Technology is committed to respecting your privacy. In general, you can visit www.amkor.com without revealing any personal information about yourself. Amkor Technology does collect information regarding visitors to our web site, such as domain name, number of visits, time spent, product and service datasheets downloaded, and what pages were viewed. We do this to measure use and improve the content of our site. We analyze this data for trends and statistics. We also share this information within Amkor to enable us to better understand our customer’s product and service needs, in return creating a better end product and service that fits your increasing demand.
There are times, however, when we may request information from you, such as your name, address and e-mail address. When additional information is requested, we will try to let you know at the time of collection how we intend to use the personal information you provide, such as respond to your inquiry, participate in certain promotions, conduct a survey or allow you to access specific information. If you sign up for an Amkor Technology email list (Press Releases, Product Rollouts, Investor Info, etc.), each message will include instructions on how to “unsubscribe” from that list. We respect your right to choose whether to give us personal information or “opt out” if you do not wish to disclose personal information. We do our best to maintain the accuracy of any personal information you do supply to us.
Any information provided by you will be used for Amkor Technology’s purposes only. Your information will not be shared with other individuals or companies unless required by law. However, Amkor Technology may need to provide your name and delivery address to third parties that Amkor Technology uses for delivering specific services to you.
Our Web sites may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those Web sites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We utilize 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) whenever necessary to encrypt sensitive information. If your browser does not support 128-bit encryption, our servers can negotiate 40-bit SSL as well.
Amkor Technology is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide. You can help Amkor Technology update and maintain the accuracy of any personal information you supply by notifying Amkor Technology of any changes to your address, title, phone number or e-mail address.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you may contact email@example.com.
Amkor Technology Korea (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) has the following policy to protect the personal information of users and rights and interests of users in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and to smoothly deal with users’ complaints related to personal information
The Company handles personal information for the following purposes: The processed personal information will not be used for any purpose other than the following purposes.
Civil affairs processing
We process personal information for confirming the identity of a complainant, confirming a complaint, contacting and notifying for a fact investigation, and notifying the result of processing.
2. Personal Information File Status
- Personal information file name: Consultation inquiry
- Personal information item: E-mail, contact information, name
- Collection method: Provided by information body through homepage
- Retention period: 2 years
3. Commitment of personal information processing
- The company can entrust personal information processing work to smooth personal information business processing.
- When the contract is concluded, the Company shall, in accordance with the Article 25 of the Personal Information Protection Act, provide the contracts regarding liability such as prohibition of personal information processing other than the purpose of entrusted business, technical and managerial protection measures, restriction of re-entrustment, management and supervision of the trustee, Etc., and supervises whether the trustee handles personal information securely.
- If the contents of consignment service or the consignee change, we will disclose it through this personal information processing policy without any delay
4. Rights, duties, and methods of use of information subjects as a personal information subject, users can exercise the following rights.
The information subject can exercise the right of privacy protection at any time with respect to the company.
- Request for personal information retrieval
- Request for correction when there is an error
- Request for deletion
- Request for stop processing
The exercise of the rights pursuant to Paragraph (1) may be made in writing, e-mail, etc. in accordance with the Form 8 of the Enforcement Regulations of the Personal Information Protection Act.
When a subject requests correction or deletion of personal information, the company will not use or provide the personal information until the correction or deletion is completed.
The exercise of rights under Paragraph (1) may be made through a legal representative of the information entity or an agent such as a person who has been delegated. In this case, you must submit a power of attorney according to Form 11 of the Enforcement Regulations of the Personal Information Protection Act.
The company handles the following personal information items.
- Required items: Name. Email
- Optional: Contact
6. In case of destruction of personal information, in principle, if the purpose of processing personal information is accomplished, we will destroy the personal information without delay. The procedures, deadlines and methods of destruction are as follows.
Information entered by the user is transferred to a separate DB after the completion of the purpose (separate documents in case of paper) and is destroyed after a certain period according to the internal policy and other relevant laws and regulations or immediately destroyed. At this time, the personal information transferred to the DB is not used for other purposes unless it is under the law.
Personal information of the user has become unnecessary within 5 days from the end of the holding period when the retention period of personal information has elapsed, such as attaining the purpose of processing personal information, abolishing the relevant service, Amkor will destroy the personal information within 5 days from the day when processing of personal information is deemed unnecessary.
Method of destruction
Information in the form of electronic files is a technical method that cannot reproduce records. Personal information printed on paper is crushed by crusher or destroyed by incineration.
7. Measures to Ensure the Security
The Company, pursuant to Article 29 of the Personal Information Protection Act, has the following technical, administrative and physical measures to ensure safety.
- Administrative measures: internal management plan implementation, regular staff training, etc.
- Technical measures: Privacy Restrictions Management, access control system installation, the unique identification information encryption, secure installation of such systems
- Physical measures: Access control of computer room, data storage room, etc.
8. Person Responsible for Personal Information Protection
The Company is responsible for the handling of personal information, and the Company has designated the person responsible for personal information protection as follows for the complaint handling and damage relief of information subject related to personal information processing.
Person in Charge of Personal Information
Lee Kyung Soo Position
General Affairs Dept
Personal Information Protection Department
Kyung Nam Kim
Personnel General Affairs Team
The information subject can inquire about personal information protection related complaint, complaint handling, damage relief, etc. that occurred while using the company’s service (or business) to the person in charge of personal information protection and the responsible department. The company will respond to inquiries of the information subject without delay and will process it
9. Request for personal information reading
The information subject can request the reading of personal information pursuant to Article 35 of the Personal Information Protection Act to the following department. The company will endeavor to promptly process inquiries of personal information of information subjects.
In addition to the handling and processing department of the inquiry request under Clause 1, the information subject can also request personal information through the website of the Comprehensive Support for Personal Information Protection (www.privacy.go.kr) of the Ministry of Public Administration and Security.
The Ministry of Public Administration and Security → The Personal Information Protection Support Portal → Personal Information Civilization → I need personal information (I-PIN is required for identification)
10. If you are not satisfied with the company’s own personal information complaints, damage relief results, or need further assistance, please contact us below.
Personal information infringement notification center (operated by Korea Internet & Security Agency)
- Provisional affairs: Complaints of personal information infringement, application for counseling
- Website: privacy.kisa.or.kr
- Phone: (no area code) 118
- Address: (138-950) Korea National Internet Development Agency
Personal Information Infringement Complaints Center
Personal Information Dispute Coordination Committee (Operation of Korea Internet Promotion Agency)
- Responsibility: Personal information dispute settlement, collective dispute settlement
- Website: http://privacy.kisa.or.kr
- Address: (138-950) Seoul-si Songpa-gu, Youngdae-ro 135 Korea Internet & Security Agency Personal Information Infringement Complaints Center
Cyber Crime Division, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office: 02-3480-3573 (www.spo.go.kr)
Police Cyber Crime Division, National Police Agency: 1566-0112 (www.netan.go.kr)
This policy effective October 1, 2011.