Amkor Technology is committed to respecting your privacy. In general, you can visit www.amkor.com without revealing any personal information about yourself. Amkor Technology does collect information regarding visitors to our web site, such as domain name, number of visits, time spent, product and service datasheets downloaded, and what pages were viewed. We do this to measure use and improve the content of our site. We analyze this data for trends and statistics. We also share this information within Amkor to enable us to better understand our customer’s product and service needs, in return creating a better end product and service that fits your increasing demand.
There are times, however, when we may request information from you, such as your name, address and e-mail address. When additional information is requested, we will try to let you know at the time of collection how we intend to use the personal information you provide, such as respond to your inquiry, participate in certain promotions, conduct a survey or allow you to access specific information. If you sign up for an Amkor Technology email list (Press Releases, Product Rollouts, Investor Info, etc.), each message will include instructions on how to “unsubscribe” from that list. We respect your right to choose whether to give us personal information or “opt out” if you do not wish to disclose personal information. We do our best to maintain the accuracy of any personal information you do supply to us.
Any information provided by you will be used for Amkor Technology’s purposes only. Your information will not be shared with other individuals or companies unless required by law. However, Amkor Technology may need to provide your name and delivery address to third parties that Amkor Technology uses for delivering specific services to you.
Our Web sites may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those Web sites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We utilize 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) whenever necessary to encrypt sensitive information. If your browser does not support 128-bit encryption, our servers can negotiate 40-bit SSL as well.
Amkor Technology is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide. You can help Amkor Technology update and maintain the accuracy of any personal information you supply by notifying Amkor Technology of any changes to your address, title, phone number or e-mail address.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amkor Technology Korea (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) has the following policy to protect the personal information of users and rights and interests of users in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and to smoothly deal with users’ complaints related to personal information
The Company handles personal information for the following purposes: The processed personal information will not be used for any purpose other than the following purposes.
Civil affairs processing
We process personal information for confirming the identity of a complainant, confirming a complaint, contacting and notifying for a fact investigation, and notifying the result of processing.
2. Personal Information File Status
- Personal information file name: Consultation inquiry
- Personal information item: E-mail, contact information, name
- Collection method: Provided by information body through homepage
- Retention period: 2 years
3. Commitment of personal information processing
- The company can entrust personal information processing work to smooth personal information business processing.
- When the contract is concluded, the Company shall, in accordance with the Article 25 of the Personal Information Protection Act, provide the contracts regarding liability such as prohibition of personal information processing other than the purpose of entrusted business, technical and managerial protection measures, restriction of re-entrustment, management and supervision of the trustee, Etc., and supervises whether the trustee handles personal information securely.
- If the contents of consignment service or the consignee change, we will disclose it through this personal information processing policy without any delay
4. Rights, duties, and methods of use of information subjects as a personal information subject, users can exercise the following rights.
The information subject can exercise the right of privacy protection at any time with respect to the company.
- Request for personal information retrieval
- Request for correction when there is an error
- Request for deletion
- Request for stop processing
The exercise of the rights pursuant to Paragraph (1) may be made in writing, e-mail, etc. in accordance with the Form 8 of the Enforcement Regulations of the Personal Information Protection Act.
When a subject requests correction or deletion of personal information, the company will not use or provide the personal information until the correction or deletion is completed.
The exercise of rights under Paragraph (1) may be made through a legal representative of the information entity or an agent such as a person who has been delegated. In this case, you must submit a power of attorney according to Form 11 of the Enforcement Regulations of the Personal Information Protection Act.
The company handles the following personal information items.
- Required items: Name. Email
- Optional: Contact
6. In case of destruction of personal information, in principle, if the purpose of processing personal information is accomplished, we will destroy the personal information without delay. The procedures, deadlines and methods of destruction are as follows.
Information entered by the user is transferred to a separate DB after the completion of the purpose (separate documents in case of paper) and is destroyed after a certain period according to the internal policy and other relevant laws and regulations or immediately destroyed. At this time, the personal information transferred to the DB is not used for other purposes unless it is under the law.
Personal information of the user has become unnecessary within 5 days from the end of the holding period when the retention period of personal information has elapsed, such as attaining the purpose of processing personal information, abolishing the relevant service, Amkor will destroy the personal information within 5 days from the day when processing of personal information is deemed unnecessary.
Method of destruction
Information in the form of electronic files is a technical method that cannot reproduce records. Personal information printed on paper is crushed by crusher or destroyed by incineration.
7. Measures to Ensure the Security
The Company, pursuant to Article 29 of the Personal Information Protection Act, has the following technical, administrative and physical measures to ensure safety.
- Administrative measures: internal management plan implementation, regular staff training, etc.
- Technical measures: Privacy Restrictions Management, access control system installation, the unique identification information encryption, secure installation of such systems
- Physical measures: Access control of computer room, data storage room, etc.
8. Person Responsible for Personal Information Protection
The Company is responsible for the handling of personal information, and the Company has designated the person responsible for personal information protection as follows for the complaint handling and damage relief of information subject related to personal information processing.
Person in Charge of Personal Information
General Affairs Dept
Personal Information Protection Department
Personnel General Affairs Team
The information subject can inquire about personal information protection related complaint, complaint handling, damage relief, etc. that occurred while using the company’s service (or business) to the person in charge of personal information protection and the responsible department. The company will respond to inquiries of the information subject without delay and will process it
9. Request for personal information reading
The information subject can request the reading of personal information pursuant to Article 35 of the Personal Information Protection Act to the following department. The company will endeavor to promptly process inquiries of personal information of information subjects.
In addition to the handling and processing department of the inquiry request under Clause 1, the information subject can also request personal information through the website of the Comprehensive Support for Personal Information Protection (www.privacy.go.kr) of the Ministry of Public Administration and Security.
The Ministry of Public Administration and Security → The Personal Information Protection Support Portal → Personal Information Civilization → I need personal information (I-PIN is required for identification)
10. If you are not satisfied with the company’s own personal information complaints, damage relief results, or need further assistance, please contact us below.
Personal information infringement notification center (operated by Korea Internet & Security Agency)
- Provisional affairs: Complaints of personal information infringement, application for counseling
- Website: privacy.kisa.or.kr
- Phone: (no area code) 118
- Address: (138-950) Korea National Internet Development Agency
Personal Information Infringement Complaints Center
Personal Information Dispute Coordination Committee (Operation of Korea Internet Promotion Agency)
- Responsibility: Personal information dispute settlement, collective dispute settlement
- Website: http://privacy.kisa.or.kr
- Address: (138-950) Seoul-si Songpa-gu, Youngdae-ro 135 Korea Internet & Security Agency Personal Information Infringement Complaints Center
Cyber Crime Division, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office: 02-3480-3573 (www.spo.go.kr)
Police Cyber Crime Division, National Police Agency: 1566-0112 (www.netan.go.kr)
This policy effective October 1, 2011.
EU Personal Data Policy
Amkor Technology, Inc., with its registered office at 2045 East Innovation Circle, Tempe, Arizona 85284, USA, and its subsidiaries, including Amkor Technology Euroservices, SAS., Amkor Technology Holding B.V., Germany, Amkor Technology Holding B.V., and Amkor Technology Portugal, S.A. (collectively, “Amkor”), are committed to ensuring the privacy and security of employee, customer, vendor, and visitor Personal Data. This Policy explains how we use the Personal Data we collect about you, with whom we share it, the rights you have in relation to the Personal Data we hold about you, and the procedures we have to safeguard your Personal Data.
The term “Personal Data” as used in this Policy means any information relating to you and by which you are identified or can be identified, such as your name, contact details, email address, log-in data, bank account details, etc.
1. How is Personal Data obtained and how is it used?
We collect and store Personal Data you give us. The Personal Data is collected from (a) employment relationships, (b) customers and vendors in the course of doing business, (c) visitors to our facilities, websites, and events, and (d) those who call our compliance hotline. The following sub-sections cover the specifics of each of the groups from which Personal Data is collected and explain how we use Personal Data. We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it.
In employment relationships, Personal Data can be processed if needed to initiate, carry out, and terminate the employment relationship. During the application process, you provide Personal Data that is used by us in making a hiring decision. Upon employment, additional Personal Data will be collected as part of your initial onboarding, in order to receive benefits for yourself and family, and in day-to-day interactions during the workday. This data is used in connection with many employment-related activities, including:
- staffing (e.g., headcount planning, recruitment, relocation, termination, succession planning);
- expatriate and secondment assignments;
- organizational planning and development and workforce management;
- budget planning and administration;
- compensation, payroll, and benefit planning and administration (e.g., salary, tax withholding, tax equalization, awards, insurance, pension, retirement accounts, wellness programs);
- workforce development, education, training, and certification;
- background checks;
- performance management;
- problem resolution (e.g., internal reviews, grievances), internal investigations, auditing, compliance, risk management;
- authorizing, granting, administering, monitoring and terminating access to or use of Amkor systems, facilities, records, property and infrastructure;
- employee photos for identification badges, system profiles, and worldwide, regional and group organizational charts;
- business travel (e.g., rental cars, commercial flights, lodging);
- expense management (e.g., corporate card, expense and grant of authority administration, purchasing);
- project management;
- conflict of interest reporting;
- employee communications;
- flexible work arrangements;
- work-related injury and illness reporting;
- monitoring and surveillance for facility access and security;
- legal proceedings and government investigations, including preservation of confidential data;
- as required or expressly authorized by laws or regulations applicable to our business globally or by government agencies that oversee our business globally.
In certain circumstances, we may request that you provide specific consent (by appropriate and permitted means) for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data for some of these purposes.
b. Customers and Vendors
As a customer or vendor, you may provide Personal Data in the course of doing business with us. This Personal Data may be provided in person and through electronic communication. The Personal Data that you provide us is used to respond to your requests, notify you of product changes, orders, and deliveries, issue purchase orders, order acknowledgements, invoices, and payment, customize your interactions with us, provide materials or offers to you, and communicate with you.
Such Personal Data may comprise your IP address, first and last name, your postal and email address, your telephone number, your job title, data for social networks, your areas of interest, interest in our products and services, and certain information about the company you are working for (company name and address), as well as Personal Data as to the type of relationship that exists between Amkor and yourself. The Personal Data that you provide us is used to respond to your requests, notify you of products, customize your interactions with us, improve our offerings, provide materials or offers to you, and work with you.
If you visit an Amkor facility, website, or event, additional information may be collected from you as a Visitor (see below).
In visiting a facility, your likeness and image may be captured by security cameras. You may also be required to disclose your identity, purpose, and contact information as part of the check-in process during your visit. If you are entering sensitive areas, you may also be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement or acknowledge in writing certain rules regarding your access.
As an event attendee, you may give us information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, employment information, application information, ideas for new projects or applications, and your buying interests. The information that you provide us is used to respond to your requests, notify you of products, customize your interactions with us, improve our offerings, provide materials or offers to you, and communicate with you.
d. Hotline Callers
When calling our hotline to report an ethics or compliance issue, you may give us Personal Data such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and employment information. The Personal Data that you provide us is used to investigate and respond to your report.
2. Lawful Basis
We will process your Personal Data if and to the extent applicable law provides a lawful basis for us to do so. We will therefore process your Personal Data only:
- if you have consented to us doing so; or
- if we need it to perform the contract we have entered into with you; or
- if we need it to comply with a legal obligation; or
- if we (or a third party) have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
3. Who does Amkor share Personal Data with?
When using your Personal Data for the purposes and on the legal basis described above, we may have to share these with other Amkor offices and Amkor entities around the world as well as other vendors or services providers we work with. We may also have to share your Personal Data with regulators, public institutions, courts, or other third parties.
For the purposes described above, we may have to transfer your Personal Data from the European Economic Area (EEA) to an Amkor office or a third party outside of the EEA and in a jurisdiction not being subject to an adequacy decision of the European Commission. We will always ensure that there is a legal basis for such data transfer so that your Personal Data is treated in a manner that is consistent with and respects the EU laws and other applicable laws and regulations on data protection. A relevant safeguard method may be having EU standard contractual clauses in place. If you require further information about this or would like to receive a copy of the safeguards in place, you can request it from Brenda.Perry@amkor.com.
4. How is my Personal Data protected?
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data from unauthorized access and unlawful processing or disclosure, as well as accidental loss, modification, or destruction. We make efforts to ensure it is kept up-to-date and collected fairly and for legitimate business and legal purposes only. Your Personal Data will not be communicated informally, stored in an unprotected manner, or kept for longer than needed to meet legal and business needs.
As a global company, Amkor continues to determine that important business efficiencies can be achieved by consolidating information in centralized databases and systems located on third-party servers in facilities in the United States and Amkor-owned servers at Amkor facilities worldwide. All servers used by Amkor are physically secured. Data at rest or in transit is encrypted whenever necessary, and data is backed up in an encrypted format. We have implemented network security measures to monitor and protect electronic data from cyberattacks and data breaches. Any paper documents containing Personal Data are physically protected and shredded at time of disposal.
Our websites have appropriate security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information. We utilize 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) whenever necessary to encrypt sensitive information. If your browser does not support 128-bit encryption, our servers can employ 40-bit SSL.
5. How long will Amkor retain my Personal Data?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements or other legitimate business purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it would no longer be associated with you, in which case it would no longer be Personal Data.
6. Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Data
You can always choose not to give us your Personal Data. However, certain Personal Data is necessary for you to engage with us as a job applicant, employee, customer, vendor, visitor, or hotline caller, and we may not be able to provide all or some of our goods or services, to enter into a contract with you, or to send you requested (marketing) information.
You have rights as an individual which you can exercise under certain circumstances in relation to your Personal Data we hold. These rights are to:
- request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”), and request certain information in relation to its processing;
- request rectification of your Personal Data;
- request the erasure of your Personal Data;
- request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- request the transfer of your Personal Data to another party.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at Brenda.Perry@amkor.com.
In addition, you may exercise your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority of an EU member state.
7. Right to Withdraw Consent
In case you have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your Personal Data, you have the right to fully or partly withdraw your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact our Data Protection Officer at Brenda.Perry@amkor.com. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for further processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. In case we processed your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time, in which case we will no longer process your Personal Data for such marketing purposes.
You will in general not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your individual rights mentioned in this Policy. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your exercising of individual rights is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
9. No Automated Decision-Making
We do not apply automated decision-making or profiling techniques.
10. Data Protection Officer
We have a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. If you have any questions or concerns about our treatment of your Personal Data, please send our Data Protection Officer, Ms. Brenda Perry, an e-mail at Brenda.Perry@amkor.com.
11. Changes to Our Policy
Our Policy may change from time to time. Check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless we expressly state otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information we have about you.
12. Contact Us
If you have any further questions regarding data we collect, or how we use it, then please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at Brenda.Perry@amkor.com.