Thermal efficiency for high-performance demands
This Amkor developed family of power IC packages significantly increases the thermal efficiency of power constrained standard Low-Profile Quad Flat Pack (LQFP) and Thin Quad Flat Pack (TQFP) packages. Exposed (ePad) LQFP/TQFP (also known as HLQFP/HTQFP) can increase heat dissipation by as much as 110% over a standard LQFP/TQFP, expanding the margin of operating parameters. ePad can also be connected to a ground, reducing loop inductance for high-frequency applications. For a multi-chip solution, 3D packaging with die stack process is also available.
ePad LQFP/TQFPs give designers the necessary margin for designing and producing high performing products including communications, storage, wireless, networking, PCs, automotive and other similar applications. GaAs and high-speed silicon technologies work well in ePad LQFP/TQFP packages due to additional shielding and grounding capabilities.
- 5 x 5 mm to 28 x 28 mm body size
- 32–256 lead counts
- A broad selection of die pad sizes
- Double down-set ground bond ring pad
- Copper leadframes
- 1.0 mm body thickness for TQFP
- 1.4 mm body thickness for LQFP
- Custom leadframe design available
- ExposedPad is easily inverted for heat sink attach
- Low profile – <1.2 mm max mounted height
- Electrical – Very low loop inductance with use of paddle as a ground path, more pins available for signal and allows for operating frequencies of up to 2.4 GHz
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.