Thermal efficiency for high performance demands
This Amkor developed family of power IC packages significantly increases the thermal efficiency of power constrained standard Low-Profile Quad Flat Pack (LQFP) and Thin Quad Flat Pack (TQFP) packages. Exposed (ePad) LQFP/TQFP (also known as HLQFP/HTQFP) can increase heat dissipation by as much as 110% over a standard LQFP/TQFP, expanding the margin of operating parameters. ePad can also be connected to a ground, reducing loop inductance for high frequency applications. For a multi-chip solution, 3D packaging with die stack process is also available.
ePad LQFP/TQFPs give designers the necessary margin for designing and producing high performing products including communications, storage, wireless, networking, PCs, automotive and other similar applications. GaAs and high-speed silicon technologies work well in ePad LQFP/TQFP packages due to additional shielding and grounding capabilities.
- 5 x 5 mm to 28 x 28 mm body size
- 32–256 lead counts
- Broad selection of die pad sizes
- Double down-set ground bond ring pad
- Copper leadframes
- 1.0 mm body thickness for TQFP
- 1.4 mm body thickness for LQFP
- Custom leadframe design available
- ExposedPad is easily inverted for heat sink attach
- Low profile – <1.2 mm max mounted height
- Electrical – Very low loop inductance with use of paddle as ground path, more pins available for signal and allows for operating frequencies of up to 2.4 GHz
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.