The solution for high density, complex stack combination for innovative form factors
The FlipStack® CSP utilizes Amkor’s industry-leading ChipArray® BGA (CABGA) manufacturing capabilities, in combination with Amkor’s flip chip CSP (fcCSP) technology.
FlipStack CSP technology enables the stacking of a wide range of different semiconductor devices to deliver the high level of silicon integration and area efficiency required in portable multimedia products. This extensive high-volume infrastructure enables the rapid deployment of advances in die stacking technology across multiple products and factories to achieve the lowest total cost.
FlipStack CSP uses high-density thin core substrates, advanced wafer thinning, die attach, flip chip and wire bonding capabilities to stack multiple devices in a conventional fine-pitch ball grid array (FBGA) surface mount package. Many customers have relied on Amkor to solve their highest density and most complex device stack combinations.
Portable multi-media devices including cell phones, digital cameras, PDAs and audio players employ FlipStack CSP solutions to address a range of design requirements such as lower cost and smaller, lighter and more innovative new product form factors. Additional applications include gaming, automotive and computing.
- 4–15 mm body size
- Package height down to 0.6 mm
- Design, assembly and test capabilities that enable stacking combinations of memory, logic and mixed signal type devices in I/O counts from 50 to 1100
- Established package infrastructure with standard CABGA and fcCSP footprints
- Consistent product performance with high yields and reliability
- Die overhang wire bonding
- Low loop wire bonding less than 40 μm
- Wafer thinning: wire bond to 40 μm, bumped wafer to 75 μm, cu pillar bumped wafer to 50 μm
- Pb-free, RoHS compliant and Green materials
- Passive component integration options
- JEDEC Standard Outlines including MO-192, MO-195, MO-216, MO-219 and MO-298
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.