Enable rapid deployment with stacking technology
The Stacked CSP family leverages Amkor’s industry-leading ChipArray® Ball Grid Array (CABGA) manufacturing capabilities. This broad, high-volume infrastructure enables the rapid deployment of advances in die stacking technology across multiple products and factories to achieve lowest total cost requirements.
Customers have relied on Amkor to solve their most complex and highest density device stack combinations. As a result, Amkor has established industry leadership in stacking pure memory, mixed signal and logic + memory devices, including NAND, NOR and DRAM memory, digital base band or applications processors + high density flash or mobile DRAM devices. Designers are looking to Stacked CSP technologies to achieve a high level of integration, along with size and cost reductions in future chip set combinations.
Stacked CSP is the best solution to address a range of design requirements, including:
- Higher memory capacity and more efficient memory architectures
- Smaller, lighter and more innovative new product form factors
- Lower cost and more space efficient
- 2–21 mm body size
- Package height down to 0.5 mm
- High die count pure memory, eMMC, eMCP, and MCP
- Design, assembly and test capabilities that enable stacking of DRAM with logic or flash memory devices
- Logic/flash, digital/analog and other ASIC/memory combinations of 320 I/O and greater
- Established package infrastructure with standard CABGA footprints
- JEDEC standard outlines including MO-192 and MO-219
- Consistent product performance, high yields, and reliability
- Thin DA film and spacer technology, FoW and FoD
- Extended die overhang wire bonding
- Low loop wire bonding less than 35 µm
- Wafer thinning/wafer handling to 25 µm
- Vacuum transfer and compression molding
- Pb-free, RoHS compliant and green material
- Passive component integration options
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.