Improve electrical performance and incorporate higher IC functionality
Amkor’s Flip Chip BGA (FCBGA) package provides the design flexibility to improve electrical performance and incorporate higher IC functionality around state-of-the-art, single unit laminate or ceramic substrates.
FCBGA substrates have the highest routing density available. By combining flip chip interconnect with ultra-advanced substrate technology, FCBGA packages can be electrically tuned for maximum electrical performance and support thousands of connections in conventional surface mount package sizes. This IC packaging technology is applicable for high pin count and/or high-performance ASICs.
Amkor offers FCBGA packaging in a variety of product formats to fit a wide range of end application requirements. Large body FCBGAs provide package solutions for the demands of the internet, workstation processors and high bandwidth system communication devices. FCBGAs is also the package of choice for gaming system processors and graphics, as well as high-end applications processors for leading-edge portable and networking devices.
- 4-18 layer laminate build-up substrates
- High CTE ceramic
- Bump Types
- Eutectic Sn/Pb
- Pb-free (green)
- Cu pillar (array and fine pitch peripheral)
- Package Formats
- Bare die
- 130 μm minimum array bump pitch (110 μm in development)
- 100 μm minimum peripheral bump pitch
- Die sizes up to 31 mm
- Package sizes from 10–67.5 mm (85 mm in development)
- 0.4 mm, 0.5 mm, 0.65 mm, 0.8 mm and 1.0 mm pitch BGA footprints
Additional Package Options
- Wafer Node ≥ 16 nm qualified, 7 nm in qualification
- SMT components on top or bottom side
- Multi-die capability
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.