From prototype to production with Amkor’s ChipArray®/FBGA packages
Amkor’s ChipArray® Ball Grid Array (CABGA) are laminate based packages that are compatible with surface mount technology (SMT) mounting processes worldwide.
CABGA packages are applicable for a wide range of semiconductors from high-end FPGAs, ASICS to memory, analog, RF devices, MCUs and simple PLDs requiring a smaller package size than conventional PBGAs or leadframe. The near chip size CABGA fine-pitch BGA (FBGA) offers a broad selection of ball array pitches (≥ 0.3 mm pitch), ball counts and body sizes (1.5–27 mm body), single and multi-die layouts, stacked die (1-16) and passive component integration.
Copper wire is today’s fastest growing interconnect method and Amkor offers high volume infrastructure at all Amkor CABGA production locations. ChipArray fills the need for low cost, minimum space, high performance and reliability requirements of mobile and gaming devices, notebooks, personal computers, networking, automotive and industrial applications.
- Cutting edge technology and expanding package offerings provide a platform from prototype-to-production
- Lowest price using Amkor’s standard CABGA bill of materials selection
- 1.5–27 mm body size available
- Square or rectangle packages available
- 4–700 ball/lead counts
- 0.4 mm, 0.5 mm, 0.65 mm, 0.75 mm, 0.80 mm and 1.0 mm ball pitch available
- JEDEC Publication 95 Design Guide 4.5 (JEP95)
- RoHS-6 (green) bill of material options for 100% of CABGA family
- Thermal conductivity epoxy (8W/mk) and thermal conductivity compound (3W/mk) available
- Automotive AEC-Q100 Compliance
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.