From prototype to production with Amkor’s ChipArray®/FBGA packages
Amkor’s ChipArray BGA (CABGA) laminate based packages are compatible with SMT mounting processes worldwide. The near chip size CABGA fine-pitch BGA (FBGA) offers a broad selection of ball array pitches (≥0.3 mm pitch), ball counts and body sizes (1.5 mm to 27 mm body), single and multi-die layouts, stacked die (1-16) and passive component integration. Thin core laminate (2 to 6 metal layer) from the strongest supply chain in the industry, ultra-thin mold cap thickness and Si thinning to 50 µm enable next generation tablets, smartphones, game controllers, automotive, industrial, digital and video cameras and remote devices.
Advances in substrate surface finishes and routing techniques reduce gold costs while improving electrical and board-level reliability performance. Innovative thermal package structures offer cost-competitive solutions for the most challenging thermal management needs.
- Cutting edge technology and expanding package offerings provide a platform from prototype-to-production
- Copper wire interconnect method and high volume infrastructure at all Amkor CABGA production facilities
- Lowest cost using Amkor standard CABGA bill of materials selection
- 1.5-27 mm body size available
- Square or rectangle packages available
- 4-700 ball/lead counts
- 0.4, 0.5, 0.65, 0.75, 0.80 & 1.0 mm ball pitch available
- JEDEC Publication 95 Design Guide 4.5 (JEP95)
- RoHS-6 (green) BOM options for 100% of CABGA family
- Thermal conductivity epoxy (8W/mk) and thermal conductivity compound (3W/mK) are available
- Automotive AEC-Q100 Compliance
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.