Amkor is closely monitoring information from public health organizations and government agencies regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and following guidelines from these organizations and governments.
Amkor’s principal concerns are the health and safety of employees and safeguarding production output for our customers.
Amkor took quick action to respond to the outbreak and has maintained staffing and operations at its factories, with only minor disruptions to date. Actions taken at Amkor’s factories include:
- Establishing a response team with executive sponsors
- Adopting a “no factory visit” policy at this time
- Implementing extraordinary travel restrictions, including 14-day waiting periods for entry to Amkor factories after international travel
- Educating employees about the outbreak
- Communicating with employees about health and safety measures
- Screening at campus entrances for fever and signs of illness
- Increasing hygiene measures at dormitories, canteens and shuttles
- Requiring masks to be worn and the use of disinfectants for hand washing
Please contact your account team with any concerns about Amkor’s response to COVID-19, and the team will relay your concerns promptly to Amkor’s response team and to Sales and Manufacturing leaders.
Amkor appreciates your patience and understanding as the company responds to the COVID-19 epidemic.
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.