March 18, 2020
- The President of the Philippines has directed government agencies to implement an Enhanced Community Quarantine over the entire Luzon and National Capital Region from March 17, 2020 through April 13, 2020. The quarantine guidelines allow for continued operations at ATP, but transit is affected. We are actively working on a mitigation plan to bring employees to ATP to maintain the highest possible level of operations.
- The Prime Minister of Malaysia announced measures to restrict movement throughout the country from March 18 to March 31. The movement control order requires the closure of all government and private premises except those in essential services. The semiconductor industry has been included in the list of essential services, and we have obtained approval from the relevant government agencies to re-open with partial production effective 7:00 pm on March 19, 2020.
March 5, 2020
Amkor is closely monitoring information from public health organizations and government agencies regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and following guidelines from these organizations and governments.
Amkor’s principal concerns are the health and safety of employees and safeguarding production output for our customers.
Amkor took quick action to respond to the outbreak and has maintained staffing and operations at its factories, with only minor disruptions to date. Actions taken at Amkor’s factories include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishing a response team with executive sponsors
- Adopting a “no factory visit” policy at this time
- Implementing a 14-day waiting period for entry to Amkor factories after international travel or travel to any area with confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Implementing a 14-day waiting period for entry to any Amkor non-factory location after travel to any area with a CDC level 2 (or higher) Travel Health Notice
- Educating employees about the outbreak
- Communicating with employees about health and safety measures
- Screening at campus entrances for fever and signs of illness
- Increasing hygiene measures at dormitories, canteens and shuttles
- Requiring masks to be worn and the use of disinfectants for hand washing
At present, Amkor is also limiting travel, particularly travel to, from or through Asia and Europe. Amkor employees at some offices are currently working from home.
Please contact your account team with any concerns about Amkor’s response to COVID-19, and the team will relay your concerns promptly to Amkor’s response team and to Sales and Manufacturing leaders.
Amkor appreciates your patience and understanding as the company responds to the COVID-19 epidemic.
Contact an Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.